Special Purpose Vehicles
A sustainable, clean tech way of developing machinery for the future.
Hamersham has 5 years of real world experience in Off/On Highway Working Vehicles electrical vehicle control. We have spent a lot of time physically driving and de bugging electrical vehicles. We enjoy function development with electric vehicles and believe passionately in the concept of it being a sustainable, clean tech way of developing machinery for the future.
Electric Vehicle Safety Functions
Hamersham has the knowhow to develop safety related functions to EN13849-1 PLd performance level. We have application experience to create software functions that control:
- Battery Isolation Contactors
- (SOC)Low Voltage Protection
- (Regen)High Voltage Protection
- Thermal Management Of The Battery Pack And Electric Motors
- Go/Drive Pedal Control
- Driver Present/Seat Switch Validation
- Multiple CAN Network Integration
- Cooling System Control
- Electromagnetic Brake Control
- High/Low Isolation Testing
- Critical Datalogging
- Modem Integration
Hamersham has experience with Maccor battery test equipment.
- Test regiems for rapid cycle testing to gather capacity deteriation trending.
- Test regiems for capacity testing.
- Test regiems for efficiency testing.
- Safety for cell imbalance detection.
- Safety for cell temperature protection.
- Test experience with Thunder Sky and Kokam battery cells.
Special Purpose Vehicles
Forestry/Military/Nuclear – Hamersham has significant experience in the special project environment
Here is a flavor of just some of the special machine functions we have experience in:
Diesel Engine Control
- Control of larger diesel engines via CAN J1939 and the implementation of comprehensive error messaging. Smaller diesel engine control via the Bosch EGAS actuator.
Machine Height/Suspension Control
- We clearly understand how to implement software algorithms that will drive your machine to an absolute height or level to gravity.
- Closed loop steering control that will deliver two wheel steer, 4 wheel steer, crab steer and complex steering limitation control.
Proportional Hydraulic Control
- A good understanding of high resolution hydraulic control, together with time proven current drivers, allows Hamersham to implement a wide range of hydraulic functions including: Operating envelope limiting, automatic positioning, pressure control, machine load limiting and hydraulic power balancing.
Dig Depth Positioning
- We are experienced in angle sensor instrumentation and complex geometry calculations.
Virtual Wall Function
- In conjunction with laser measurement we can ensure your vehicle executes a parallel raise and lower.
Hamersham has significant software development experience in the Materials Handling Sector.
We have function development experience encompassing:
Diesel Engine Control – T3 – T4I – T4F
- Control of larger diesel engines via CAN J1939. Understanding torque curves and implementing stable anti-stall measures. High and low idle manipulation for transmission integration and static cooling. Pedal response tuning.
Stability/Overturning Moment Control
- Implementation of complex weigh and limitation algorithms to protect both machine stability and mechanical lift capacity. Fast weight calibration routines. Smooth function slow down and limitation that will ensure the machine is easy and reassuring to operate.
- Control of hydraulic proportional fan drive valves. Implementation of the most efficient cooling curves.
Hydrostatic Drive Control
- Hamersham has experience in delivering stable hydrostatic control that gives the right “feel” for the driver in terms of braking and acceleration but takes care of power limitation, safety functions, temperature protection, engine overspeed and auxiliary hydraulic load.
- Using sensor feedback and high resolution hydraulic valve control, Hamersham has implemented envelope and position control functions in materials handling applications: Vertical lift, level extend, “go to” positions, and height limitation, for example.
Hamersham has considerable experience with Industrial Machinery
Machine Safety Functions
- EN13849-1 PLd performance level: In conjunction with subsystem analysis control of the following safety functions can be considered such as controlled shut down/stop functions, personnel protection, light guards and foot switches.
Proportional valve control:
- Constant pressure systems
- Load sensing systems
- PID loop control
- Anti saturation strategies / flow sharing.
Power Pack Management:
- Filtration/Contamination Control
- Filter monitoring – Contamination levels
- Suction valve monitoring
- Peak pressure measurement
- Accumulator charging
- Motor starting
- Temperature limiting
- Oil level/leak protection
- Heating/cooling control.
Control & Programming
- Automatic sequences
- CANOPEN Networking
- Pneumatic actuator control
- Servo motor drive control
- Calibration routines
- Smart Diagnostics
- HMI interfacing
- Data logging.
Trouble Shooting & Product Support
- Remote desktop support 24/7
- Spare part procurement
- Noise attenuation
- Pressure spike attenuation
- Overload investigation.
Hamersham has 15 years of real world experience in Agricultural Machinery Control.
Closed Loop Hydraulic Control
- Closed loop force control functions is an area of expertise for Hamersham. This function is often applied to hedge cutters whereby high speed closed loop pressure control is implemented to provide a powered float. Closed loop position control of hydraulic cylinders that control dig depth, arm angles and automatic sequences is also within the scope of Hamersham experience.
- We have worked on Hydrostatic Drive projects for Agricultural machinery that are either the main traction drive or traction assist. Main traction drive projects have typically be self-propelled wood chippers and crop sprayers. Traction assist projects have been for heavy root harvester trailed implements.
- Providing a stable, accurate dig depth control for root crop harvesters is an area of expertise for Hamersham. We have experience coping with varying factors such as chassis flex, wet/dry ground conditions, loaded/unloaded machine, varying forward speeds, stones etc.
- Accurately weighing hopper loads whilst filtering vibration, bumps and changing inclination is part of the Hamersham experience portfolio. We also offer robust code solutions for batching and totalising the amount of crop handled by the machine.