Parker Hannifin – Mobile Controls Division – Military – R & D
Light Military – Hydraulic Rear Steering
The end client vehicle builder was getting requests for reduced turning circles and increased maneuverability.
Hamersham were responsible for the following Primary Project Elements:
- Control of a hydraulic power pack
- Proportional valve control and accumulator pressure charging
- Complex PID loops
- Interfacing with vehicle system management over CAN
- System integration of a revolutionary new position sensor
- Road legal/SIL 2 software development of a rear steer control algorithm to provide speed sensitivity and overspeed protection
- Track testing and on vehicle debugging
- Safe shut down condition monitoring
- HMI interfacing.
As a result, Hamersham:
- delivered a software package that was compliant with the customer specifications.
- provided bench testing and offsite system proving services. Our hydraulic knowledge was also deployed to prove the hydraulic design.
- provided on site de bugging and prototype testing services.
- provided on site electrical installation and software testing services for the project ensuring successful acceptance testing for the end client.
Hamersham helped to provide the machine builder with a road safety approved solution that revolutionised the turning agility of the vehicle.
“Hamersham seemed to know exactly what they were doing with respect to hydraulic and steering control. They worked seamlessly with 2 different levels of supply chain and allowed us to comply with a very complex customer specification. The customer was delighted with the response and quality of control delivered by our solution”
– Parker Hannifin Business Unit Engineering Manager