DDS uses the RTPS protocol to provide a publish subscribe middleware solution. It is built for a wide number of architectures and operating systems. It allows diverse systems to exchange data using data TOPICS.
Discovery is automatic and so devices can join and leave the network without IP addresses and port numbers having to be configured. The system supports security-encrypted messaging.
DDS has a powerful set of quality of service (QOS) configurations enabling you to define many different types of data streams.
DDS can bridge to a wide number of subsystems such as CAN and behave as a communication backbone for a complete machine, system or network domain.
DDS is a mature open standard managed by the OMG. There is a thriving user community for DDS across all device types and commercial sectors. In partnership with Twin Oaks Computing, Hamersham offers world-leading DDS implementation with a very small footprint.
DDS is already deployed in a wide range of applications, from automotive and agriculture to defence, energy, materials handling and automotive.
- Secure – end to end message encryption, permissions control, authentification
- 10Gb Networking – fast and flexible, regardless of subscriber numbers
- Powerful QOS – quality of service configurations
- 15 years old – mature open standard
- Capability to bridge to CANBUS, Serial and other fieldbus protocols
- Automatic Device Discovery – devices join and leave network automatically
- Indefinite field service life provision through extensible data – Xtypes
- Strong diagnostic toolchain – network analytics, and data recording