IQAN is the market leading automation platform for off-highway machine control. It provides solutions for every different type of off-highway machine control requirement. The primary elements are:
- Hardware – a vast range of hardware encompassing Displays, Safety Controllers and Slave Controllers handling large amounts of different IO types. All the hardware is mechanically and EMC pre-certified and therefore ready for fitting directly to an OEM machine.
- Software – an unparalleled end to end software toolchain off the shelf. This includes Design Tools, Service Tools, Simulation & Test and OEM production tools. All tools require only application knowledge and very little programming or computer Science knowledge. IQAN Programming interfaces allow powerful functions to develop.
- IQAN Support of experienced system integrators such as Hamersham.
IQAN is a Parker Hannifin brand and part of the Electronic Controls Division. The design location for the IQAN brand is Mölnlycke near Gothenburg in Sweden. The design group have been creating control solutions for mobile off-highway machines for over 30 years. They also have a lot of practical application experience and as a result, the control platform is highly intuitive for easy deployment in sectors such as Agriculture, Marine, Materials Handling and Forestry.
IQAN In The Machine
IQAN is designed to be the master controller for the complete machine. Both IC and Electric Vehicle are well within the normal control capabilities of the IQAN platform. In the case of master machine control the typical control load for the system is:
- All driver display functions.
- Data logging.
- CANBUS Networking.
- Measurement & Diagnostics.
- Driver controls such as pedals and joysticks.
- Electromechanical controls such as hydraulic valves and actuators.
- Engine control and diagnostics interface.
- Transmission control of either hydrostatic or powershift transmissions.
- All EN13849 safety calculations and control functions.
- Battery pack control.
- Electric Motor/Inverter Drive control.
- Thermal management and power control.
Precertified Hardware and an off the shelf intuitive Software Platform are the essential ingredients to getting a new machine to market. This approach will always keep engineering costs low and help to compress project time plans. A low cost, short time frame is the ultimate goal of any engineering project and our experience with has IQAN has proven time and time again over the past 20 years that these goals are realistic and achievable. Hamersham will also give to IQAN Pricing support. Our objective is to give you the lowest possible cost solution to your hardware requirements.
Hamersham has been working with the IQAN platform for 20 years having experience with IQAN Extra, IQAN Develop and IQAN Design platforms. Application experience stretches across Heavy Forklift Trucks, Street Sweepers, Access Platforms, Industrial Machinery, Potato Harvesters, Defence Vehicles, Hydraulic Power Packs and many others. Hamersham can deliver a turnkey control system project to your organisation that starts at machine requirements capture and ends in OEM product supply. We have worked on so many projects in our sector that we guarantee to make things run smoothly for you. Our application experience together with IQAN platform experience reduces control system risk on your next project.
FOC Project Consultations
Please come and talk to us for some friendly impartial advice about your future control system projects.