Parker Hannifin – Mobile Controls Division
Parker had an overseas military client wishing to test a new communications protocol as a replacement for CANBUS. The requirement was to deliver a turn key electrical and software package to control the opening and closing of a rear ramp.
The main project elements were:
- Electrical system design and build together with a complete documentation pack
- Implementation of DDS middleware on an embedded controller
- Implementation of DDS middleware on a test PC
- Hydraulic power pack control
- Raise lower and lock functions
- External compliances
- On site testing and start up.
As a result, Hamersham:
- delivered a turnkey software and electrical solution for this design brief.
- provided on site electrical installation and software testing services for the project ensuring successful acceptance testing for the end client.
- provided a comprehensive documentation and drawing package.
Hamersham provided real-time system control using DDS in a military test environment for the first time in the history of this vehicle program.
“Hamersham quickly gained a good understanding of DDS, our software and electrical requirements. The project had a very tight time frame and was planned to the nearest day. Hamersham delivered exactly what we asked them to do, within the required time frame and under budget”
– Parker Hannifin’s Business Unit Engineering Manager